One of the most highly voted feature now in Friends of SGXcafe is “Stock of The Day”. The idea is to feature a stock every trading day based on some criteria. At the moment, I have come up with five criteria to select the stock of the day.
1) Significant Increase in Visitors – The number of visitors viewing a stock’s page significantly increased in the last three days compared to the previous three days.
2) Most Mentions By Blog Posts – A stock that is mentioned numerous times in blog posts in the last two weeks.
3) Most News Views – A stock whose related news has been viewed the most in the last week.
4) Significant Increase in Average Traded Value – A stock whose daily traded value significantly increased compared to the last three months.
5) Continuous Increase in Close Price – A stock whose close price has continuously increased in recent days.
If the same stock is selected by several of the five criteria, then it would be the stock of the day. Otherwise, one of the five stocks selected by the five criteria will be randomly chosen to break the tie.
I would like to invite you to suggest more criteria, especially interesting/funny/creative ones to determine the “Stock of The Day” and also to suggest better ways to tie-break.
ps: The first chosen “Stock of The Day” should have shown up on your wall 🙂